Monday, August 10, 2009

More pictures

The 'W' stands for...








Here are some more pictures of our new house. I'll put up one more set when we've moved in more completely and have pictures on the wall. We have a lot of pictures to hang, a fact that I am reminded of every time we move. We have so many pictures that my beloved posters (remember, I was once a college student) have no home. I keep them, and will likely continue to keep them for the rest of my life, rolled up safely in a series of cardboard tubes. On the off-chance that we will one day live in a house so big that we can have a 'poster room.' Unlikely, I know.

That was quite a digression, but it seemed appropriate. I discover many, many pounds of things that have been kept in boxes for years, from one move to the next. We did a fantastically good job of shedding much of our excess weight when we moved to North Carolina last year. But we didn't get rid of everything, and we didn't even git rid of the inessentials, the vestigal remnants of our past lives and fascinations.

As far as I can tell, the dogs love the new place. They have a yard to run around in (finally) and now that the large-scale moving has finished, Julian has relaxed a bit as well. He hates large, unfamiliar things (like packing boxes) and was very much on edge for much of last week. I felt really bad for him and am glad that he is now sleeping peacefully on the couch, leaving behind a large, contented drool stain.








1 comment:

Fourstorymistake said...

Looks so lovely! We have the opposite problem of you in our new house - tons and tons (and tons) of wall space and like two pictures.