Thursday, September 18, 2008

Equinox


I am embarrassed for the level of excitement I have for Fall. The Autumnal Equinox is only four days away and the air has actually started to change! I know that it won't remain cold, in fact, it is heating up already and the forecast high for today is 81. Nevertheless, it is obvious that the season is approaching.

What is so exciting for me is that, for the past 25 years of my life (I was born in Illinois and, although I can't recall a minute of it, lived there until I was five) the First Day of Fall was a completely arbitrary date. Depending on the year, the weather did not change until late October, November or even December. September was every bit as hot as August and July.

Yesterday was gray and rainy and it felt like the rain was bringing something. I hadn't thought about Fall really - I'm not used to such a short season - and as I basked in the cool air, I realized how little time Summer has left.

Remember - we have a spare bedroom. If you want to see and feel a real (if mild) Fall and Winter, you are more than welcome to visit!

No comments: