Saturday, September 13, 2008

Lilly's Pizza: It's good!

Oh how we love Lilly's Pizza! It is our favorite restaurant in Raleigh and, I think, my favorite restaurant ever. I can't recall having a favorite restaurant in Orlando. There were certainly places that I liked to go for one reason or another, but none of them ever stood out as what I would call a 'favorite restaurant.' In each place there was something I liked but plenty that I did not. And, as further proof, I do not miss any of them. I miss some things, and some specific restaurants even: I miss Junior's Diner, but only because there isn't anything like that here. I miss the whole neighborhood of Vietnamese restaurants, but I'm sure that if we found a good Vietnamese restaurant here we would be okay. I miss the various tea shops and vegetarian restaurants in Orlando, but I miss them less and less as we find suitable replacements here in Raleigh.

But Lilly's... I don't think it is replaceable. If we moved, I know we would never find a place quite like it. We have eaten there at least five times since we have lived here and we have yet to wear out the menu. In fact, nearly everything on the menu is vegetarian-friendly (if not meatless, substitutions can easily be made) and nearly everything looks delicious. Their salads look amazing, calzones and strombolis look intimidating, and the pizzas... well, I don't want to go on for too long about it. I'll look like a fool.

No comments: