Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Raleigh Convention Center

To those who are interested, here are some pictures from the brand new Raleigh Convention Center. The grand opening was last weekend during the Raleigh Wide Open event, which coincided rather unfortunately with the passage of Tropical Storm Hanna.
I'll be honest - I didn't attend much of the festivities. I did visit the expo center in the exhibit hall and enter about as many sweepstakes and drawings as I could find, but beyond that I did not venture far into the street.
But the Convention Center itself is beautiful, constructed with a keen eye to angles and curves. Even if you have no real reason to be there, I recommend a visit. The building itself is a piece of art, and there is a lot of fantastic artwork on the wall.









This is detail from the ballroom - ceiling and walls.









This is a picture of the exhibit hall.






This is a view of my home - the Raleigh Marriott City Center hotel - which is directly across the street from the Convention Center.

No comments: